COVID-19 Update: Golf Club 20th March 2020
GOLF CLUB INFORMATION FROM MIDNIGHT FRIDAY 20th MARCH 2020
Following the Governments announcement that all Leisure centres, bars shops and Restaurants are to close from midnight tonight we write to inform you that the clubhouse will be closed. However we are aiming to keep the golf course open and we will be working from an admin point close to the first tee. This decision has been taken with the following in mind;
The Government advice around exercise in the fresh air away from human contact should be continued, even for those in self-isolation has as yet not changed.
Golf’s three professional governing bodies have issued further advice to golfers and the operators for golf clubs as a game to be enjoyed “sensibly and safely” during the Coronavirus outbreak.
In the weeks and months ahead the physical and emotional well-being of everyone will become an increasingly important issue and we firmly believe that under the right conditions and with your help golf can play an important outlet for exercise, fresh air and competitive stimulation.
At this time, we have taken the decision not to close the course to social golf, however we continue to closely monitor the situation and review it on a daily basis. At present, so that you can continue to enjoy your golf, the camaraderie and exercise we have put in place the following temporary conditions for your benefit:
1. Bring your clubs with you and change in the car park, where possible bring your own sanitiser.
2. Minimise your contact with each other, keeping your distance where possible.
3. While the club house is closed please let the admin point know you have arrived.
4. Future tee times can be booked at the admin point.
5. The following modifications will apply to the rules on the course;
• Rakes have been removed from bunkers with all bunkers now carrying an optional GUR
• Flags must be left in the hole cup and should not be touched at all
• Hole cups will sit proud of the holes by 1 to 2 inches. Any shot or putt that results in the ball hitting the cup will be deemed to have been holed.
7. The half-way house toilets will remain open but you are asked to ensure you wipe down anything you touch especially the door handle and the sink taps.
Please help us to help you and hopefully we will be able to keep the golf course open for your continued exercise and enjoyment.
We will continue to review the situation, adjust accordingly and keep you notified.