COVID 19 Update 28/08/20 - HEALTH CLUB
Week 5 Health Club Update - Including Swimming Lesson Info
We are getting feedback through thick and fast now from our members which is great. This feedback, along side the government regulations is helping to shape the changes we make in our by-weekly updates. Mostly feedback has been very positive surrounding how safe you all feel upon returning to the club.
Other feedback has been actioned below as changes. These changes will come into effect from 31st August 2020 onwards:
Children's Swimming Times:
• We have again added an additional two swimming times for children. These have been added on a Saturday & Sunday 2-3pm. These are in addition to the ones we already had. (These times are not exclusive to children, we still have adult swim slots running alongside these.)
• As mentioned in the last review, to keep in line with best practice that all other pools are following, we have decided not to adjust any of the adult to child ratios at this point in time. This WILL be reviewed again for the next bi-weekly review.
• We are also going to ask members moving forward to only book TWO Kids Swim Sessions per week. Should a third session have places on the day, please feel free to book this in the morning, but only pre-book two sessions per week to give all members a chance to participate.
ZOOM/Online Fitness Classes:
• We have had great success and feedback surrounding the Zoom classes so far. We will be adding Sue's Complete Conditioning to the Zoom timetable from 4th September as a result. Please bare in mind however that this class does use some studio equipment, so you may need to improvise at home!
• We are aware that the sound quality of the Zoom classes does vary, and we are working on a solution to this as we speak so please bare with us. Instructors have said, for the yoga and Pilates classes, you would be best popping on your own calm music in the background.
Studio & Pool Fitness Classes:
• Again due to the popularity of the classes, we are adding the following classes to the timetable:
- Monday's 11:30am - Line Dancing (Starting Monday 7th September)
- Wednesday's 2pm - Aqua Aerobics (Starting Wednesday 9th September)
• The Body Combat class on a Sunday morning will be moved inside permanently.
• We would like to remind members not to book two of the same genre of class in the same day i.e: only book one spin class, or one Dance style class.
• We are also going to ask members moving forward to only book TWO Aqua Aerobics classes per week. Should a third class have places on the day, please feel free to book this in the morning, but only pre-book two classes per week to give all members a chance to participate.
Our next review in a couple of weeks will again look at adding even more classes (including an additional Dance, Swim Fit and Conditioning class).
• There are currently no new changes in the fitness suite. Keep up the good work with all the cleaning and spraying equipment after use!
• We are still hoping to restart the swimming lesson programme once the children have gone back to school. Our hope is to start the lessons week commencing 21st September, however, this is still a PROVISIONAL DATE at this point.
• Some of our instructors water rescue qualifications have expired during lock down. We are awaiting more information from the qualifications governing body, who in turn are waiting for information from the Health & Safety Executive to confirm that these qualifications have had their renewal date extended, or to see if we can get some exams booked in. Without these certificates, we cannot commence the lessons.
• Please see below the initial plan for the structure of the swimming lesson programme moving forward, if you are happy with this, and you intend to return to the programme, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with your child's full name. This will help us to plan the classes accordingly.
Swimming Lesson - New Structure:
• Lessons will remain on a Monday, Wednesday, Thursday evening, and a Saturday morning.
• Lesson times will vary slightly from what you had previously, this is due to a 15 minute window we are adding in-between each lesson.
• Children will only be allowed in the water for their swimming lesson, they will not, under any circumstances be able to swim in the pool before or after their swimming lesson.
• We will be asking parents to bring the children 'swim ready' under their clothes, so you will walk straight onto poolside through the family changing rooms, and will undress the children on the poolside.
• Once their lessons are finished, you will exit through the ladies or mens changing rooms (we have increased the opposite sex age to 11 or under to facilitate this one way system), give the children a quick rinse off in the showers and then get them dressed and out as soon as possible.
• We will have chairs for parents on the poolside, set apart to maintain social distancing, where you can leave the children's clothes and bags whilst they are in their lesson, avoiding the need to use lockers.
The above is just a provisional plan at this stage, as above, to enable us to properly plan the lessons and specific times for each child, please email email@example.com with your child's full name, stating whether you intend to return to lessons or not.
Thank you again for your continued support and understanding whilst we adapt the business to meet the new Government stipulations.
Sam & The Wellness Team