COVID 19 Update 13/9/20 - HEALTH CLUB
Week 9 Health Club Update - The Rule of 6!
This week saw Boris Johnson make an announcement that had us holding our breath! Fortunately, the 'rule of six' DOES NOT effect any of our fitness classes, swimming sessions or gym sessions as we are classed as a COVID Secure business.
It does however, prompt us to reinforce the importance of all of the COVID restrictions/guidance we have in place around the building, as it is these restrictions/guidance that are keeping us all safe, and keeping the business open so that we can all do our part in keeping fit to fight off this virus.
A reminder of just some of the restrictions/guidance in place:
• One way systems around the building
• Limited numbers of people in all areas (1 in the toilets, 10 in classes, 14 in the pool etc)
• Antiviral sprays in all contact areas, including personal sprays to carry around the gym
• Booking, and checking in systems for all activities - Track and trace
• Regular staff cleaning of all contact points
• Staggered finish times for busy classes
Whilst we appreciate these can sometimes become tedious, we would like to remind members that it is these rules that are keeping us open, so please do your very best to remind yourself of the guidance and stick to it.
ZOOM/Online Fitness Classes:
• We are aware that the sound quality of the Zoom classes does vary, and we are still working on a solution to this as we speak so please bare with us. Instructors have said, for the yoga and Pilates classes, you would be best popping on your own calm music in the background.
• Due to the popularity of the Dance classes, we are adding an additional Dance class to the timetable:
- Wednesday's 11:30am - Dance Fit with Gemma (Starting Wednesday 15th September)
• Monday's Gentle water workout will be 30 mins of gentle strength building exercises followed by 20 mins of SwimFit (The SwimFit is optional so people can get out after the first 30 mins if they wish).
• The Pilates class on a Wednesday evening will be moved indoors due to loosing light on an evening.
• We have closed the 30 minute gap to 15 minutes between more of the classes as the transition is still going very well.
We now have a dance class on every day of the week (except Sundays), and on some days we have two! We have done this as everyone seems to want to dance their way to fitness at the moment which we love, however, please bare in mind that we do have limited studio capacity, so we cant fit everyone into every class.
Please can we ask that you consider other members before booking your classes. If you get onto a couple of dance classes, please leave the spaces in the others for someone else. If there is still space on a class you want to do the day before, or on the day, then please book away, we don't want classes going ahead with places to spare, we just want everyone to get a chance to book something.
Can we also ask that you don't book a class 'just in case'. We will be monitoring the drop out of classes, as we seem to be getting people regularly booking classes, but then cancel the day before. Obviously, things come up and this cant be helped, but if you find this happening to you on a regular basis, maybe use the gym instead as this is a lot more flexible.
We keep getting asked what will happen with the outdoor classes in the rain.....you will get wet!
On a serious note, we will keep the outdoor classes on as long as weather and light permits, but please be prepared for cancellation notifications should the weather take a turn for the worst. It might be worth making sure you have your app notifications turned on.
Our next review in a couple of weeks will again look at adding a swim fit class somewhere.
• There are currently no new changes in the fitness suite. Keep up the good work with all the cleaning and spraying equipment after use!
• We are now confident that once we complete our 'teacher training' updates over the next couple of weeks, we will be starting the swimming lesson programme on Monday 28th September 2020.
• After reading all of the guidance fully, and implementing all of the COVID safe restrictions, we are confident that we can still fit most of the lessons back on the timetable, with just a 5 minute gap in between lessons, rather than the original proposed 15 minutes. This will make your sessions times very similar to the times you had before COVID.
• A detailed email will be sent out soon with group times and guidelines that ALL PARENTS/GUARDIANS must agree to and follow.
If you haven't yet emailed us to confirm your child will be coming back to lessons, then please do so to avoid loosing your place: email@example.com
We are having to make a small amendment to our 25% off offer.
Due to a small issues with our tills (they don't like giving double discount) we have revised the offer in that:
• YOU WILL NOW GET 30% off all meals but you must pay by cash or credit or debit card.
• Sorry for the inconvenience but I am sure it is well worth the discount. Remember this applies SUNDAYS* after 2pm and MONDAY TO SATURDAY * after 4pm.
* can not be used in conjunction with any other offer, excludes restaurant nights.
Please remember that if you are using the Cafe or Lounge and you do not use your membership card to pay, you MUST complete a Track and Trace slip as provided. Fines of £100 can be issued to anyone not observing the social distance guide lines and tables and chairs have been spaced to help with compliance, so please do not move them.
Thank you again for your continued support and understanding whilst we adapt the business to meet the new Government stipulations.
Sam & The Wellness Team